Thursday 19 April 2012

April 17

An Open Letter to my Dead Budgie Ivory

Dear Ivory,

 It has been five years since your untimely and tragic disappearance from the world of the living and I wish you the best. I may no longer mourn you, but know that I will not forget your memory. Since then another has taken your place and I cherish him as much as I still cherish you.  It is my fondest wish that you do not forget your pleasant stay with me.

 While I never quite knew what exactly became of you after your flight to freedom, I like to think that you somehow managed to survive, although it's highly unlikely. Anyway, despite my presumptions of your death, you're as alive as you'll ever be where ever you are. Hopefully you're living it up in birdie heaven and loving every moment of it. That's just how I tend to think of you as you lie in your deathbed.

 On a departing note, I'd like to wish you the best and may all your wishes come true. Don't worry about your grave, it will not be disturbed in any way, shape, or form. That I can assure you. For however long it is your soul will live, probably eternity, I won't forget you, the bird who thought she could survive, but most likely couldn't.

Sincerely Susan

I know what to trust on the internet based on the content, URL, source, and the probability of the information shown being true. The real information will not be followed by an advertisement made to collect money for the content shown. Anything that appears too good to be true in all likelihood is fake or a scam. If financial gain can be made through tempting bargains, prizes, or giving information, I would steer clear. Websites that ask for personal information, especially foreign, disreputable ones without a security policy would also warrant suspicion. For any information to be real, the same would have to be said in at least three different websites. Lastly, sources that aren't quite transparent in their intentions and seem in some ways dishonest wouldn't gain my trust. For example, a website that asks for an email address, yet does not clarify its purpose or what that information will be used for.

No comments:

Post a Comment