Monday 12 March 2012

March 12

PowerPoint Presentation Steps

1. I went to Microsoft PowerPoint and clicked on Design in the top tool bar.
2. From the selections, I chose a theme that suited Dylan and his preferences.
3. I typed in the heading 'Dylan Orbanski' in yellow since caterpillar yellow is his favourite colour in the text box provided and left justified it from the options given in the toolbar.
4. I  found pictures depicting a dad, Arborg, the colour yellow, and science from Google and pasted them on with yellow text labelling each by inserting separate text boxes from the control panel.
5. I opened up a second slide with the same theme, heading, and colours.
6. I titled the slide "Dylan Orbanski Loves:', and inserted four different pictures, each depicting a different hobby of his.
7. I inserted separate text boxes again beside each picture and labelled in yellow what hobby each picture showed.
8. I inserted a third slide with the same formatting, style, and title as the first slide.
9. I typed in yellow  text in separate text boxes if Dylan thought love or money was more important, what animal he would be, how he describes himself, and his biggest dream.
10. With each different block of text I inserted a picture to go with it with the exception of how he describes himself..
11. I looked over the PowerPoint presentation to check that it accurately portrayed Dylan.

Reflection.

The finished product looks neat, organized, and describes Dylan. It includes his hobbies, where he lives, who he admires, his best school subject, whether love or money is most important, his favourite colour, the animal he would be, how he describes himself, and his biggest dream. I think that by answering and addressing all those points, a description can be made that describes Dylan as a person. Many aspects of him can be learned through the PowerPoint and there were only a few questions left unanswered because I thought they were in some ways less significant or important. The presentation gives a clear representation of Dylan and that was the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment