Thursday 9 February 2012

February 9

World Chaos
 The earth suddenly and unexpectedly loses all gravity, throwing the world in turmoil. People, cars, animals, and objects left untethered or stuck to the ground are floating aimlessly through the air: the scene is one of utter chaos. Questions left unanswered drift through my brain, almost like the objects floating around me; they have no solid foundation. At the moment, drowning in the disarray, all is confusion, panic, and tension. The world's leaders, military recruits, and scientists are currently in deep discussion, struggling to resolve this problematic turn of events, but the questions remained unanswered. How did this happen? Why didn't anyone see this coming? Can it be reversed? If so, will anything return to normal? Right now, any trace of normality would have been a godsend. As I scanned those around me, I noticed how helpless we all looked. Who were we really in the whole scheme of things? We were the pawns in a game controlled by the universe.

 Being lost in my thoughts, I hadn't noticed the gigantic semi slowly creeping towards me. It's shadow shielded me from the sun, throwing me into complete darkness. My mind wasn't processing this at the rate it should have been. Panic seized my body and fighting the feeling of dread, I forced myself forward. I felt like a rabbit being chased by a wolf. Feeling the ground underneath me, I ran for my life with my back pressed tightly against the truck. As I emerged into the sunlight, the absence of gravity was no longer. I was jerked upwards and fell right back down again. What had happened? Gravity had returned! People were throwing their efforts toward righting fallen objects and cleaning their yards. Behind me, the semi sat on its side. It was going to take a whole lot of manpower to fix that.




No comments:

Post a Comment