Wednesday 23 May 2012

May 23

The sounds produced by animals make me glad to be alive, especially the melodious sounds of the cheerful chatter of birds and the almost mournful sound of a horse's neighing. It rings with freedom and unbridled joy. That's what life is meant to be. As the ceaseless tinkling of bird song floats around me in the morning, I become aware of the happiness and cheerfulness of life and feel rejuvenated, ready to take on any task that comes my way. They strengthen me and encourage resilience. No sound makes me more grateful for what I have in life than a horse's neigh, snort, or rumblings. They hold such an undercurrent of power and strength that I admire so much. When a horse snorts, I'm reminded of a soft caress or gentle but firm word aimed to console. It's like reassurance and support. That feeling makes me feel like I'm not alone and life is surmountable. That knowledge makes me all the more glad to be alive. The final sound that encourages joy for life is the sound of thunder and lightning offset by the pitter patter of millions of cascading raindrops. It's like a lullaby singing me to sleep and safety. Knowing that I'm nice and cozy inside while a wild storm rages on outside, I feel secure and once again am glad to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment